5 All-Time Iconic Pairs Of Shoes
One must admit that at some point we have all fallen head over heels for pair of shoes. Maybe because of their style, of their comfort, for how did they make you feel, etc., and you probably felt like you would never find a pair like those. But most of the shoes that have been on the market are inspired by some iconic pairs of shoes that made such a statement, that changed footwear forever. Here’s a list of our favorites.
1. Manolo Blahnik Hangisi Pump. You probably fell in love with these ones when you saw them on Sarah Jessica Parker. The actress of Sex and the City is one of the biggest fans of her “Manolos” and has them in almost every single color. They’re the best selling shoes of the brand, which has made multiple versions of the same court shoe. The designer himself said about the inspiration 'I always had a fondness for brilliant accessories, so we created a court shoe with this beautiful embellished buckle, which I found in Italy. The whole shoe was inspired by Napoleon I, Josephine and Pauline Bonaparte.'
2. Chanel Slingbacks. Every one of us that is a huge fan of Chanel has dreamed about these shoes at some point. Gabrielle Chanel designed them for the very first time in 1957, and she made them stylize the figure like its magic: in a beige color and with a slightly round and black toe, they make the feet look shorter but the legs much longer.
3. Gucci Loafers. We’ve seen them everywhere this past seasons, and in very different ways: the furry version, and slip-on one, etc. The first Gucci loafer was created more than 60 years ago, after WWI. And some things haven’t changed in all this years, despite the time and styles. They’re all made in butter-soft leather and almost all of them, with an almond-shaped toe.
4. Adidas Stan Smith. The white sneaker by excellence, the Stan Smith wasn’t even called Stan Smith when they came out in 1963 but Robert Haillet, another tennis player. The shoes where originally tennis court sneakers, and where made with white leather like nowadays. The design of the shoe has stayed the same since 1963, but there are more color options today than never before.
5. Church’s Chelsea boots. These are the real Chelsea boots out there. The British brand, with more than a century behind their back, has created some of the most comfortable and classic pairs of shoes than any other brand in Great Britain. Their Chelsea boots are the most popular ones, and they’ve got them in a huge variety of styles and with lots of details.