Superfood Meal Plan 2018
When people think of eating healthily they always ‘boring’ or straight out ‘yuck’! It’s always said that the tastiest foods are the worst for you! Well I will be talking about the best superfoods meals to stay healthy and fit but still tasting great! An easy guide and how-to for quick and tasty meals all week long.
Superfoods for a Super Body
These 10 superfoods go beyond a simple vitamin dose, these are research-backed disease fighters and energy boosters. Making them your go-to eats is easy.
- Lemons (have a warm water and lemon in the morning for an extra wake up boost)
- Broccoli (great with stir-frys)
- Dark chocolate (perfect after dinner snack with a movie)
- Potatoes (roasted have to be the best)
- Salmon (wrap in tin foil and bake in the oven for a smoky taste)
- Walnuts (great toppers on yogurt and go to snackies)
- Avocado (delicious in the morning on toast)
- Garlic (goes with everything)
- Spinach (love it in a mixed salad)
- Beans (high in protein and iron)
- 4 ounces salmon
- 3 ounces dry whole-grain penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Wrap salmon in foil and bake for about 8 minutes or until desired cooking level. Cook pasta in a pan. Heat broccoli in microwave for about 4 minutes. Whisk melted butter, water, lemon zest and juice, and garlic. Place everything on a plate and drizzle lemon-butter sauce over all.
- 1/2 cup canned pinto beans
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 whole-grain tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 chopped avocado
Warm canned beans in a bowl and mix together with lime juice, cumin and chilli powder. Put bean mixture into oven warmed tortillas and add lettuce, tomatoes and avocado.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 3 - ounce chicken breast
- 3 cups chopped vegetables of choice
- Seasonings to taste
Preheat oven to 400 F. Mix garlic, cheese and 1 tsp. oil together in a bowl. Spread garlic-cheese mixture onto chicken and place on baking sheet. Toss together your vegetables of choice with 2 tsp. oil, seasonings and place on baking sheet. Cook for 20 minutes, or until chicken in well cooked through and vegetables are crispy.